I can't believe it.



Seriously, you're never going to believe this. Since I can barely make my fingers type it out, just watch the below. Then we'll chat. 


(If you can't view it here, check it out via this link:  http://vimeo.com/49555548)

Crazy, right? I'm pregnant! It's TMI to go into all the detail here, but suffice it to say that lil B-dubs* is a "pleasant surprise."

(This is code for "Holy-crap-what-the-heck-are-we-gonna-do-I-am-the-most-unprepared-mom-in-the-whole-wide-world-and-I-can't-believe-another-life-is-going-to-depend-on-me." Cue sobs.)

Yes, if you read the code, you'll see that I cried when I found out and 87 percent of the tears were not happy tears. The other 13 percent were tears of shock. 

BUT I am now 16 weeks pregnant and I can tell you that I only cry tears of joy. Except for maybe when I had a massive breakdown about how I forgot a change of clothes one time, oh and another time when I had no Fritos in the house and I needed my salty, oily, corn fix, and that other time when I couldn't figure out where we would put the baby's towels because my house has no closet space, and well, maybe just a few other times my crazy hormones have given me insane emotions that I just can't control and totally freak Mike out. 

So, suffice it to say, I AM crazy-happy about this little blessing in my belly after giving it just a bit of time to settle in and get used to the idea.

What was Mike's reaction you ask? Well, pretty much sheer joy. We were wanting to enjoy our freedom, money and sleep for the next few years, but like the perfect husband he is, as soon as I brought down the three positive tests and waved them in his face, he was all smiles. (His response may also have been in order to calm me down, because if we both had reacted the way I did, I'm fairly sure our house would have flooded from our tears.)

There's lots more to share, but we'll save that for another post. For now, I'd say this was enough of a blog bomb for one post and I need a break. I think I'll just mosey over to the couch, pull up my belly band, eat an entire bag of chips (take a wild guess at what kind) and take a nap. Ahhh, only a pregnant woman can write that and not be judged. 

Right?? 

Stop judging. 

NOW. 

 *For all of you who think we nicknamed our unborn child after Buffalo Wild Wings, you are slightly incorrect (although I have had some strong cravings for wings). It's for our last name. 

3 comments:

  1. 1.) CONGRATS!
    2.) You should teach me how to revamp my blog. You have all these cutesy "buttons" for twitter, pinterest, and adorable heading etc. How do people learn how to do that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you remember me, but I was in small group with you at ISU a few years ago and LOVE your blog. First of all, CONGRATS! Second, you should check out my post for these super easy kid-friendly pillows now that you're going to be a mama:) Kid-Proof Pillows

    ReplyDelete