Hello! If you're visiting from Pinterest, welcome! Here's a little bit more about me and what you'll find here on Oakland Avenue. If you like this post, there are a handful of others in this series right over here. If you're a momma-to-be or a new mom, I'd love it if you checked out some of my other Motherhood posts! Here are a couple popular ones to get you started: Motherhood Is Lonely, Just Let It Be Hard, The Case For The Stay-At-Home Mom and Seven Things First Time Moms Wish Veteran Moms Wouldn't Say. You can also find me talking all about mommy stuff over on Facebook and Instagram each day. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this post!
Besides my list, there are a ton of posts out there on what to register and buy for a new baby, so today I've compiled some of the lists from around the web I found helpful in creating mine. Remember, no one mom's opinion is always right, these are just suggestions - use these just to get the juices flowing for building your own list - don't feel like you have to listen to all of them or even any of them. These posts are really just meant to give you a good flyover of options and categories of what you might consider registering for or purchasing for your baby.
In fact, I started out with 10 different sources, but then started to feel like that was too many - because the point is to help you, not overwhelm you - so I narrowed it down to my top six. Look at all of them or just look at one of them - and take what you will.
- Rookie Moms: Shopping List: What to Register For and Buy - A great list for just the must-haves. They're realistic and honest about what you need and what you don't.
- Cup of Joe: Motherhood Mondays: What to Register for Your New Baby - A popular mommy blogger, Joanna Goddard breaks down everything she has and what she likes about it. Check out her other Motherhood Monday posts for more great information too.
- Hellobee: Ultimate Baby Registry - Start with the post linked here, but check out all the different posts listed at the bottom. Hellobee is a community blog, which means lots of moms write on it about their experiences and offer their recommendations on what to get for baby.
- Little Baby Garvin: Baby Registry Must Haves - A good list with the basics - if you have time check out her chalkboard art, so jealous of her skills.
- Alpha Mom: Our Ultimate Baby Registry Checklist - Nicely split up into "buy now" and "buy later" this is a solid list with lots of explanation and detail.
- Writing Chapter Three: Baby Must-Haves - Practical and down to Earth, this blogger splits up the must-haves by age, so be sure to look at all the posts!
Like this post? Check out the others in this series:
- What to Register For and Buy
- What to Wait On
- Best Maternity and Baby Deal Sites
- My first experience registering