In this episode: Emily and Laura discuss the beginning stages of sharing the gospel with your young children, and some of the common challenges. They will share practical ideas for getting started and making it work for your family.
- Blog Posts, Articles and Books:
- Five Simple Ways To Teach Your Kids Theology
- 10 Tips for Teaching Kids
- How I Lead My Children In Personal Devotions
- Give Them Grace
- Shepherding A Child's Heart
- Foundations Verses (Scripture memory cards for 2-5 year olds)
- New City Catechisms App
- 10 Essential Gospel Truths (Emily turned this into a small booklet to teach her children the gospel.)
- Music (We like to just tune into one of these stations on Pandora - for free!):
- Hidden in My Heart
- Songs for Saplings
- Songs for Saplings, Questions with Answers (Catechisms-focused)
- Rain for Roots
- Cedarmont Kids (Can get this in CD or DVD form.)
- Children's Bibles:
Emily Blog Posts:
- My first mission field
- Beginning formal gospel instruction with young children
- Bring them alongside you
Laura Blog Posts:
- The One Thing I Hope My Children Learn From Me
- What Will His Heart Love?
- When Parenting Makes You Feel Lost: Finding A Mommy Mentor
- Definitely Not, No, Well Maybe, Fine: Why Parenting In Theory Is So Much Easier Than In Practice
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like this one).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us and email, or find us on on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.
*Affiliate links used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this podcast.