People today has come to heavily depend on computers in many aspects of their life. While there are drawbacks to computer use, the advantages prevail over them to a great extent. For example, computers can help increase productivity especially if your understanding of the software that run on them is good. For instance, even the most basic understanding of utilizing a word processor will allow you to create, save, edit, print and even share documents. Before computers, all of these tasks were either impossible to achieve or slower to accomplish.
Advantages of a Desktop Computer
Laptops make sense for people who need portability in terms of computer use. On the other hand, a desktop computer is best for home and office use. Additionally, a desktop computer has more benefits compared to laptops. Among these advantages includes the following:
- Desktop computers offers more power, performance and features.
- Upgrading them is easier and inexpensive.
- Usually, having a desktop computer repaired is easier and less costly compared to having a laptop repaired.
- With a desktop computer, working (or gaming) is more comfortable because of the larger monitor, keyboard and mouse.
- Generally, desktop computers are less expensive as well as provide a better overall value.
Tips to Make Computer-use for Children Safe
Because of the many advantages of a computer, a lot of families in today’s society own at least one as it helps them with their day-to-day living activities.
In our highly technological and digital world today, computers are here to stay. Computers provide access to numerous information through World Wide Web thanks to the internet. However, this poses danger to children as well. Hence, parents have the responsibility to make computer-use for children safe as well as to protect them from the potential dangers of the Web. Here are some tips for parents to achieve this goal.
- Purchase a quality computer, such as those from atualcenter.com.br. Situate the computer where lighting is good and ensure the chair is at an appropriate height as well as distance.
- Make proper adjustments on the computer screen to protect your child’s eyes.
- Read about parental controls and security measures so you can set them on the computer. This will safeguard and restrict your child from going to and viewing unwarranted sites and content.
- Turn on the search history om your computer so you can review the websites your child has visited and internet activities.
- Make time to sit with your child at the computer. Play games with them and take this time as an opportunity to teach them about being responsible with their computer use. Also introduce child-friendly websites to them.
- Instill in your children discipline. Limit their use of the computer and make certain they not only follow the rules you have set but to also ensure they understand and know the importance of these rules.